This workflow looks at all of the GCP disks in a given account and zone and selects a subset of those to terminate that don't have any users (i.e. unattached).
Before you run this workflow, you will need the following:
- A GCP account.
- An GCP service account with permissions to list and terminate GCP disks (if not run in dry run mode).
- One or more running GCP disks that are not attached to any instances.
Run the workflow
Follow these steps to run the workflow:
1. Add your GCP service account credentials as a Connection:
2. Click Run workflow and wait for the workflow run page to appear.
3. Supply following parameters to the modal:
- VALUE: The GCP zone to run in.
- VALUE: True if you don't want to perform actual WRITE operations
- Warning: If you run the workflow with the
dryRunparameter set to
false, unattached disks will immediately be terminated.
Run the workflow on a schedule
Follow these steps to run this workflow on a schedule:
- Un-comment out the Trigger block in the workflow file:
TIP: If you're using the Relay code editor, highlight the
triggerssection and type
⌘ + /(Mac) or
Ctrl + /(Windows) to uncomment.
# triggers: # - name: schedule # source: # type: schedule # schedule: '0 * * * *' # binding: # parameters: # zone: us-central1-a # dryRun: true
- Configure the
- Supply the run interval in cron format.
- Configure the following parameter bindings:
- Specify the
zoneto run in.
- Specify whether
dryRunshould be set to
- Specify the
- Click Save changes