This workflow looks at all of the EC2 instances in a given account and region and stops the ones that are untagged.
Before you run this workflow, you will need the following:
- An AWS account.
- An AWS IAM user with permissions to list and terminate EC2 instances (if not run in dry run mode).
- One or more running EC2 instances that are untagged.
Run the workflow
Follow these steps to run the workflow:
1. Add your AWS credentials as a Connection:
- Click Setup
- Find the Connection named
my-aws-accountand click Edit(✎). Use the following values:
ACCESS KEY ID
- VALUE: Enter your AWS access key id associated with the account
SECRET ACCESS KEY
- VALUE: Enter your AWS secret access key associated with the account
- Click Save
- Click Run workflow and wait for the workflow run page to appear.
Supply following parameters to the modal:
- VALUE: The AWS region to run in
- VALUE: True if you don't want to perform actual WRITE operations
Warning: If you run the workflow with the
dryRunparameter set to
false, instances not in compliance with this workflow policy will immediately be stopped.
Run the workflow on a schedule
Follow these steps to run this workflow on a schedule:
- Un-comment out the Trigger block in the workflow file:
TIP: If you're using the Relay code editor, highlight the
triggerssection and type
⌘ + /(Mac) or
Ctrl + /(Windows) to uncomment.
# triggers: # - name: schedule # source: # type: schedule # schedule: '0 * * * *' # binding: # parameters: # region: us-east-1 # dryRun: true
- Configure the
- Supply the run interval in cron format.
- Configure the following parameter bindings:
- Specify the
regionto run in.
- Specify whether
dryRunshould be set to
- Specify the
- Click Save changes