GitHub event fired
This trigger takes in the contents of a github event and presents it as an output event
This trigger is an almost-transparent pass through for event actions from github. Its purpose is to provide a compatibility layer for Github Actions, by enabling the payload from the webhook to be used on the filesystem of a Relay step.
The payload will be wrapped in an additional map called
needs to be unwrapped at the step level in order to use it; see the example below.
- Navigate to the repository settings page by clicking Settings on the repository bar.
- Click Webhooks.
- Click Add webhook
- Paste the webhook URL in the Payload URL box
- Change Content type to
- Click Let me select individual events.
- Check the events you want to trigger
- Click Add webhook at the bottom of the page
parameters: event_payload: description: "The full json payload from the incoming github event" triggers: - name: github-event source: type: webhook image: relaysh/github-trigger-event-sink binding: parameters: event_payload: !Data event_payload steps: - name: dump-payload image: relaysh/core spec: event_payload: !Parameter event_payload input: - mkdir -p /github/workflow - "ni get | jq .event_payload > /github/workflow/event.json" - cat /github/workflow/event.json